Wednesday, January 10, 2007

i resolve.

It's the 10th of January and I still don't have any suitable resolutions. I've come to the conclusion that if you want to be able to reach your resolution, it has to be measurable in some way. For instance...running a marathon. You either do it or you don't. (Or maybe you try and have to drop out along the way, but you get my point, right?) And so I'm stuck, as I can't think of any good quantifiable goals for the year. Instead, my "resolution" list ends up looking something this:

Cook more. Bake more. Eat better. Eat more local, more organic. Read more. Write more (correspondence). Write more (non-fiction, blogs). Listen more (music). Learn more. Internet less. Run more. Drive less. Walk/bike more. Sleep more. Socialize more. Create more. Travel more. Dwell less. Give more (time, emotions, money).

Or I could just put it as my friend so eloquently did: "I want to be less dumb!" And isn't that what self improvement is all about?

No comments: