Monday, November 05, 2007

food for fall.

The downtown farmer's market is officially over, which means I have little place to turn but the co-op (overall good) and the grocery store, where they individually wrap sweet potatoes in plastic for some godforsaken reason. Whatever. Given all of this, fall is prime cooking time. It's dark, it's cold, and what else is there to do? So, my favorite fall recipes.


No Knead Bread
This is all over, here's just one recounting of how to make it. I made it tonight and was sure it was going to fail - it was too wet, it was sticking to everything, but somehow...it's delicious. I also figured out that it's much better without any wheat flour.

Vegetable Soup
I love this soup cause it's so free and easy. Get out a big pot and throw a bunch of stuff in. It's much better than all the recipes that expect me to know what two pounds of butternut squash looks like.

Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Yes, Rachel Ray is annoying, but this recipe is yummy and astoundingly easy.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Everyone loves this, I kid you not. They make great muffins!



I ate too much soup and bread for dinner and feel like I am going to explode.

No comments: