Sunday, April 20, 2008

micheal pollan does it again.

The World We Live In: Why Bother?

I love this article. I'm sure there will be millions of blog entries about it, but what gives. I love how Pollan illustrates the annoyance of trying to change things for the better when you know that others aren't doing the same. I love how he points out that we all sit around waiting for other people to take care of the problem instead of doing something on our own. I love how instead of making me feel ashamed or frightened - it gives me hope. Hope for a future where "not having things might become cooler than having them." Hope that the green movement will not be a passing fad. (Because if it is, that's when I'll really be scared.)


Related: for information on community gardens in the Twin Cities, click here.

No comments: