Monday, October 17, 2005

food, glorious food.

When I woke up today (before 6am), it was still dark out. That's to be expected. When I left (6:45), it was still dark out. And even when I got to work about a half hour later...still fairly dark out. It was unnerving. Falling back will be good.


This just in! Fantastic Falafel in a box is good stuff. I was always scared of homemade falafel (that is, if you count homemade to mean "adding water and frying") because I figured it would be inferior. But no! It is pretty darn good. Have you ever tried to explain falafel to someone who's never had it? I still am confused about what it actually is even after scanning the boxed ingredients several times. I always just tell them it's good.

Speaking of food, I'm in fall baking mode. I made some banana bread last over the weekend (my one Sunday accomplishment), and soon I hope to make pumpkin bread of some sort. I usually go for pumpkin chocolate chip, but this apple pumpkin bread looks damn good. I should take more pictures of food. Also, I need people to help eat my baked goods.

Speaking of pumpkins! I am planning on going to a pumpkin patch later on in the week, and I am super excited about it. Yes. I'm a dork. Ok, nostalgia time. I'm including a little story from four years ago about falling in love with a pumpkin. It's from my very first blog. Memories!

...As we're walking [through the farmer's market], what should we come across but a stand selling pumpkins. The perfect pumpkin, in mine eyes, was sitting there on the ground. A vibrant orange. Taller than it is fat. It was so beautiful. I picked it up and cradled it in my arms. Kari says, "Are you gonna buy it?" and I say, "What am I going to do with a pumpkin?" But looking at it somehow brought me immense joy. I didn't know what to do. Kari says, "You're not going to be able to put it down. You love it." So I decide I better put it down. IMMEDIATELY after these girls come over and start looking at my pumpkin. MY PUMPKIN! I look at Kari with a gasped/pained look on my face. We laugh, and I think the girls sensed my jealousy and left. By then, my fate was sealed. That pumpkin was mine. I paid the lovely old man $3. He gave me 2 quarters back. And I carried it around for like...2 more hours. But it's so pretty. And well worth $2. Now the pumpkin sits on my windowsill.


Well, that's quite enough for a Monday update. Sheesh.

No comments: