Sunday, October 02, 2005

oh, wee blog.

Listen to this...I have been WORKING! Hence the general lack of updates lately. There is a lot to look at on the internet, you know? It's exhausting trying to keep up. So I have not been doing that as much.

Show update: So far I can check Sufjan Stevens and Architecture in Helsinki off my show list.Both shows involved 8 (or sometimes more) people on stage and lots of instruments. Sufjan had matching costumes and pom-poms. Architecture had none of that. Sufjan was good, but I had really high expectations that were not met, and I left disappointed. Architecture had all the energy that Sufjan and his band were lacking. Architecture had tubas! and trombones! and triangles! And all the members played multiple instruments, working to recreate the layered sounds on In Case We Die. Sufjan's band had fun instruments as well, but for all the people up there often sounded really minimalist. In case you can't tell, Architecture in Helsinki wins so far.

Oh my gosh, I feel like I have so much I want to get done today. I should work on that.

No comments: