Sunday, December 04, 2005

so, friendster.

I deleted myself from friendster a few months back, since it felt like virtual clutter - I never logged in anymore, my friends never logged in, and I just didn't care. I was on there today trying to find someone, and....wow. What the hell happened? First of all, it's funny that friendster is "the fun and safe way to stay connected with friends." Hey kids, it's safe! You won't get any diseases like you do from myspace! But, you can really tell it's safe because the whole site looks very...clean. A little too clean.

Ok, but that's not even the best part. What the hell is up with all the promotional pictures? Did they hire models or what? I decided to take the tour and was greatly amused.



Shiny happy people wearing gross shirts and outdated cargo pants are AWESOME! JOIN FRIENDSTER TODAY! BE CONSUMED WITH HAPPINESS!


These people are happy because the giant smiley faces aren't going to attack them. And again, the clothes. Birkenstocks and tie-dyed wrap skirts? What? MORE orange shirts? There's really zero hipster appeal in this picture, but maybe they already lost that demographic.


This is actually stock photography, it was originally used in an ad for Playtex tampons.


The flow chart is amazing. People go into him, and information comes out! He's like some kind of fantasy Human-processing machine that completely defies any and all technology to date. Whooaaa...on closer inspection, his right arm is MISSING. I guess that's one of the dangers of being a robot.

I've had enough for the night.

No comments: