Tuesday, July 17, 2007

on biking.

I have classes at the U this week and next, and after perusing my many options of getting there, I decided to try out biking. Well, it's been two days and I am exhausted. It's kind of hilarious, I'm training for a marathon and a 7 mile, relatively flat bike ride makes me feel as though I'm going to die? I feel rather pathetic slooooowly climbing a rather meager hill in the lowest gear possible while the smug spandex boys glide past me effortlessly. Hey, I know I look like I'm out of shape but I'm NOT! It's just these unformed biking muscles! You want to feel my rock hard quads? HUH?? ...My craigslist bike also leaves something to be desired, but it gets the job done. I'm thinking about a shiny new bike with more gears...but not now. Later, perhaps.

Class and biking have definitely ruined my training a bit, so tomorrow I'm taking the bus. The bus is expensive and slow but at least I can get some reading done. Hooray for transport adventures!

No comments: