Thursday, July 05, 2007

synergy.

I don't like to babble on in here about my personal life, as in "I went here with so-and-so and then we ran into what's his name..." That gets boring, and you, dear reader, do not know my friends. Probably.

But Tuesday night was one of those great nights where everything just worked. The evening started with having friends over for dinner, then heading to the Taste of Minnesota to see Tapes n' Tapes, watching the fireworks, and drinking overpriced beers on a rooftop patio. We were having a good time when it was decided that it was imperative that we go to U Otter Stop Inn, a divey bar (with karaoke!) in Minneapolis. It was one of those moments where we collectively became very excited about possibilities, and our expectations were thoroughly matched. I fell in love with the bar the minute I walked through the door. It was the energy, the atmosphere, the lighting that, although a little too bright, allowed me to view everyone in the open room, singing along in various states of inebriation. It was the gay boy complimenting my dress. It was everything magically coming together to make the night fantastic.

No comments: