Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ingredients for a sick day.

I am home sick. I started off excited for a day off last night, then felt crappy, woke up feeling crappy, and now am feeling a bit better for the time being. I still love sick days in theory because it's a paid day off where you're absolutely supposed to be lazy. Still, there a few crucial ingredients one needs to make the best of a sick day (the best one can have while still being sick, anyway).

Soup
Oh soup, I could marry you. I'm all for making my own soup, but that defies the lazy rule. So when I'm sick I usually head to a fancy grocer to get supplies, including hot soup. Sometimes I'll even break my "no-processed soup" rule and get instant noodle soups. They're like fancy ramen.

Tea
Something is wrong with my throat and tea goes down so much better than water or juice. (Which I managed to forget during the trip to the grocery store.) I've been all into Stash Tea lately, especially the herbal varieties. It's not too expensive but it's still tasty. I can even drink some of it without sugar now. I'm growing up, or something.

Netflix
Too bad I burned through my last dvds of the Wire. Now I might have to watch an actual movie.

WebMD
I only went on here on a whim, but when I started to put in symptoms for headache I had to crack up as the head symptoms include everything from sense of impending doom to fear of air to headache (worst ever). So great.


Random internet fun:
I like this dress. Actually, what I really like is the pockets. I want a dress with pockets.

Simply Breakfast.
Artful pictures of breakfast. That's it. (But it at least supports my tendency to take pictures of my food.)

No comments: