Sunday, July 13, 2008

on pencil skirts.

On The Street - Sharpened

I put this on the ol' tumblr too, but I wanted to add a few thoughts.

1. I love how this is not only a celebration of pencil skirts, but a celebration of legs and butts. (And somehow Bill Cunningham discusses the glorious view in a decidedly non-creepy way.)
2. Of course the ladies aren't wearing flip-flops with these skirts, because that looks ridiculous! (Some flats work, but heels really work.)
3. On the other hand, the heel requirement makes pencil skirts much more difficult to wear. They're great for work, but for summer barbecues? I don't want to show up looking like a secretary! (Yeah, the secretary look is hot. But it needs the right situation.)
4. And this is why I am forgoing my red pencil skirt (an old find from my mom, modified from dowdy to cute and slim) for a much more forgiving and flowy red skirt today.

No comments: