Sunday, November 23, 2008

how to save a sweater.

I have this sweater. It's brown, supposedly made of cashmere (though I'm wary of that), and I got it for a dollar or so at a church sale. It's a nice sweater, though I never wear it. The collar is too thick, and the fit is not quite right, but I kept it around. Now it has been saved and improved, thanks to this super easy tutorial on how to reconstruct a sweater.

I didn't take a before picture, but here it is!

sweater re-construction

It might be my new favorite thing.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Brilliant, and so simple! I have half a dozen or so sweaters from thrift stores that I'm going to try this on. They fit so awkwardly but the patterns and fabrics are so nice that I didn't want to part with them. I didn't even think of something like this. Awesome.

e said...

I WISH I had thought of this myself, but instead I just copy ideas and execute them well. I want to cut up a bunch of other sweaters too.