Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday! Friday! Friday!

Fortune Cookie Writer Faces Writer's Block
"...it soon became apparent that its antiquated catalogue of fortunes would have to be updated. (“Find someone as gay as you are,” one leftover from the nineteen-forties read.)" hahah.

Gay Rights Battlefields Spread to Public Schools
From a Georgia State Senator: "I just don't feel like homosexual clubs have anything to do with readin', writin' and 'rithmetic." Because football, danceteam, cheerleading, etc. are SO RELATED to the "three R's."

NYT Op-Ed about giving more recognition to the high school teachers who make a difference
Aww, it's the feel-good op-ed of the year. *sniff* I'm not being sarcastic, either! I want to be one of those teachers.

Trailer for Me and You and Everyone We Know
I really want to see this!! Also, I really want a version of quicktime that works on my sorry, old computer. Or, a nice ibook would solve the problem.

No comments: